Sunday, May 11, 2008

Ward Talent Night

Last night was our ward talent night and we had so much fun. I forgot my camera so I couldn't take any pictures; however, I wanted to at least write about it. Linnea has been taking piano lessons just since January and she played a piano piece entitled "Quiet River" so perfectly. I was so proud of her to be so brave. Jacen played a couple of songs on his trumpet from Lord of the Rings and one from Star Wars. Then Jacen and I played the Star Wars love theme song, "Across the Stars." I LOVED playing with him. I wouldn't have thought the trumpet and flute would really sound great together but I thought the two instruments played well together and I had fun playing with him. I'm so proud of him and all the practicing he has been doing. Then I played a solo arrangement on my flute. It was a great opportunity to perform. We loved watching the other performers as well. Our ward has so much talent in it!

2 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, I didn't know that you play the flute!! That's so amazing!! Brayden wants to learn how to play the trumpet, but he's starting on the piano first!! I love to have music in our home too!! Playing duets on the piano with Brayden brings me alot of joy too!!

Jaime said...

I started taking flute lessons when Gavin was a baby,so about 3 or so years ago. I instantly became passionate about it and LOVE to play. Linnea wants to play violin but I am also having her start with piano.