Thursday, November 29, 2007

Family Picture Time



No one without a family of at least a few children can understand the struggles of taking a family picture. I wanted so badly to just get one good picture this year. I really wanted one to put on my wall. Anyway, here is the whole story... at my birthday party at Chili's in November, I was admiring Aunt Marilyn's super nice camera and had the great idea of her taking pictures of us on the beach. So she came over Thanksgiving Day when we were all home and we drove down to take a fantastic picture--or so were my hopes! First of all, the sun was shining in Linnea's eyes and she had a fit and took off her shoes and threw them into the rec trail and ran away. Here is a great pouty picture of her! So I had to try to lure her back to take a picture. I did so by bribing her with a Lulu chocolate from a box that Tera and Jared had given me for my birthday. (By the way, they are wonderful! Brother Lund, from our ward, moved here from Utah to become a chocolatier). Girls will be girls, with their attitudes and love of chocolate! Maybe, just maybe, she gets that from her mom. Then we get Linnea back and Gavin is fooling around during the picture. So Jacen hits him to try to get him to pay attention. Jacen was trying to help me; however, of course it just made Gavin start crying! So now I had to settle Gavin down. By the time we all got situated again, the kids were very tired of posing for a picture and we were working with trying to get the light right. Gavin closed his eyes and just refused to open them! Albert had his glasses on and forgot that they were the ones that turned dark in the sun. It was all just so frustrating that now that I look back on it, it's kind of comical. Marilyn was very patient and I got a nice picture of Marilyn and the kids. As for our family picture, I settled on the only picture that we are all looking halfway decent. So I developed them and the company way overdeveloped it and it's super dark. Oh well. At this point, I'm just going to deal with it and hope next year is better. It makes me wonder how my Mom ever got all the pictures she got of us! Of course we've got some funny ones--one little girl sticking out her tongue. I wonder who that was?


3 comments:

LollyGirl said...

and of course we would have never known what a challenge it was had you not told us because you all look great!

I have a friend in davis that takes amazing pictures...even with my crazy boys. we're taking a trip there in a few weeks just for her to take our pictures. she really captures personalities without us feeling like we're posing.

Jaime said...

Those great candid, fun pictures are my favorite! They are harder to get then one would think! Unless we get the candid pouty, fighting ones! <: Oh well...a person can only try. Too bad your friend from Davis isn't coming here!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful family!